Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Bedding Battle

Yesterday, I gave you a sneak peek into the looks of our new bedroom. I'm still trying to work out a few details so in the meantime I wanted to share the bedding battle.

Yep, a battle. Between JD and I? Nope. Between me, myself, and I. If you read my shower curtain post you'll know that I've been a bit indecisive recently which is normally out of character for me. I am usually pretty quick at making decisions and feeling confident in them.

So let's rewind...when we first got married we got a green duvet cover. Okay but nothing special. Remember it from the sore sight of our first bedroom?
Then came makeover number 1 in the summer of '09. Since it was summer, we purchased a lighter coverlet in light green (check out the whole makeover here).Now when winter comes around we pull out the heavier, infamous, dark green comforter. Needless to say it matches nothing and is just plain boring. Last winter I searched for a new duvet and came up empty handed.

This winter I was determined to find something new and the search began. Long story short, I searched everywhere and again found nothing. Partly because I didn't know what I wanted.

So I decided to go with white because it would match the room and I thought why not? I've been on a white kick anyway. Oh and to make matters more difficult, since I chose to go with white, I wanted something a little extra to make it more exciting. Perhaps a pattern or maybe a ruffle? Kind of like this from Anthropologie, but I didn't want to spend a fortune.

I had 20% off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I went there first. They had slim pickins for what matched my criteria which was white with some flavor and not too expensive. I was thinking around $50-$75 with my coupon. But they did have one that I LOVED but with a $140.00 price tag. Knowing it was way out of price range, I didn't dwell on it and left.

I could continue to ramble on about how I went back to the store, left again, and then went back a third time to finally purchase it and include all details in between but the point is...
  • I now have a soft duvet cover that I love
  • It is white but not too boring
  • With my 20% off coupon and $50.00 visa gift card it landed in my preferred price range ($67.00)
  • It adds a whole new brighter feel to the room
So without further ado...
You'll have to wait to see it 'live' in the Douglas household when I reveal the new look.

...and it goes great with our new $20.00 jersey sheets from Wal-Mart. It's like sleeping on a cloud.

One thing to take away from this debacle: If you really like something and it will last a while, don't be afraid to splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment