Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Christmas Sign


I'm excited to share my first project in about 5 months. I wanted to display a Bible verse depicting the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Christ. Don't get me wrong, I love my Christmas tree and glitz and glam decor, but it's easy to get lost in it all. I'm thankful for the birth of Jesus, his living testimony, and his death on a cross that paid for my sin. 

Back to the sign...
I mod podged book pages to a piece of cardboard I already had.

 
I didn't take pictures of each step, but after it dried overnight...

  • I used stamps to print on the Bible verse
  • bought wood from Home Depot
  • glued the wood together (it was very light particle wood)
  • spray painted the frame red
  • attached the cardboard to the frame
  • attached a mounting bracket to the frame
  • hung it up
Please bear with the lighting and photos. It's not near any windows and it was difficult to fit into one photo and still see the details... 

Right side


Left Side






The verse reads, all this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet, "the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son and they will call him Immanuel." Matthew 1:22-23

Here's the best all-in-one-photo I could get. (taken at night, poor quality)

























Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment