Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vanilla-Brown-Sugar Body Scrub

Each year I strive to make homemade gifts. Not sure if you remember, but last year I made caramel popcorn and honey cinnamon butter. This year I made a body scrub. Vanilla-Brown-Sugar body scrub to be exact. It's super easy to make and all the ingredients come from the kitchen. I was pleasantly surprised at how soft it made my skin. I bought the little jars from amazon and 1 batch filled 7 1/2 jars.

Ingredients:
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup of sesame or sunflower oil

Begin by mixing all of the sugar together until there are no lumps. Add in 1 cup of sunflower or sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of vanilla [I like to use sunflower or sesame oil for this body scrub because it does not carry the strong scent that olive oil does].

I added some ribbon and a tag and it was ready to go.




You can use on your hands, feet, elbows, legs, or anywhere really.

Happy exfoliating!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I don't remember seeing this post. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    How long do you think this would keep for?
    Many thanks
    Gina

    ReplyDelete