Wednesday, January 4, 2012

christmas...better later than never

Just the other day I was looking through old posts and I realized how important this blog is to us. Yea, I do enjoy sharing it with others and reading the comments, but it's really about memories. This post says it a lot better than I can. So even though I'm a bit behind, here's our Christmas.

JD and I exchanged before we left for Pennsylvania. Interesting enough, we got each other art. Map of the world for me and a cartoon Skyrim print for him. I had to order a custom frame for mine and can't wait to pop that baby on the wall. The frame is taking forever and the wait-time is killing me...patience, patience, patience.


I guess it's safe to say we like color.

On Christmas Eve, we celebrated with the Hessen's. Santa Hessen came and dumped his and (her) sleigh. big time. My parents are very giving and we're genuinely thankful. Not just because of the gifts, but because of the feeling of "going home" and finding love and support in any situation. I couldn't ask for better brothers or sister-in-laws either.










On Christmas day it's another full day of fun. This time a round, it's off to the Douglas'. We spend the morning with JD's dad and always enjoy a gourmet breakfast.





Then it was off to more family, food, and festivities.



This family is just as important to me and I'm blessed to have them in my life.

That's our Christmas in a nutshell.







No comments:

Post a Comment