Thursday, January 26, 2012

sick but grateful

So Tuesday I got a cold. Stuffy nose, congestion, basically the works. Wednesday I was lucky enough to welcome a new addition, the cough. The kids said, "Mrs. Douglas, are you okay?" Yea, yea it's just a cold. They were very cute to say "bless you" every time I sneezed.  Wednesday night I could barely get off the couch and oddly began to notice my eyes were getting red. I assumed it was  part of the cold and went to bed.


When I woke up this morning (Thursday) my eyes were bright red. I told myself it was just because it was the morning. You know when you first wake up you always feel awful, but it gets better as the day goes on...

For as long as I can remember, my mother has taught us to be punctual and always be where we need to be. I'll never forget in college when I got into a pretty major car accident and my mom said, you better get to school (I was student teaching) so I drug my crying, emotional, just-got-hit-by-a-mini-van self to school. When I showed up and explained what happen, my teacher immediately sent me home.

So today when I showed up at school looking high as a kite, everyone was hounding me to leave and go the doctor. I finally did and left at lunch.

So now I'm just chillin on the couch blowing my nose, resisting the urge to scratch my eyes, and coughing every minute or so.  And just because I think it's pretty interesting, here's what someone with double pink eye looks like...

Wow, don't I look great?

All this leads me to say I have the best husband a girl could ask for. Monday I had class and didn't get home until 8. Tuesday I had class and didn't get home until 10. Wednesday I was sick, and Thursday oh yea, still sick. He cooked, cleaned, waited on me, and had me laughing so hard. What a guy. Seriously, he's amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed how nicely JD poses for pictures for you! Sorry you were sick :( We had a stomach virus this week which was not fun either! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete