- It's a Hallmark holiday made to guzzle money
- who needs a special holiday to celebrate love?
- I love it! It makes me feel so special
- I'm single so could care less
- it disgusts me, it just reminds me that I don't have a special someone
- it's one day that causes me to slow down and realize how lucky I am to have ____________.
Back in the reader's survey, a few of you mentioned you wanted a Valentine's post. So if you're married, dating, single, or anywhere in between, I put together a post, upon your request, entitled, All things Valentine's.
First up Decorations, some of these I spotted in a cute shop in Georgetown, others I found on the net.
Homemade Gift Ideas
for anyone. Not just your significant other but teacher, friend, or mom. Love the idea of these cookies, a bookmark, or bath fizzes with a hidden message...
Invite a few good girlfriends over or if you can, convince your man to sit down and get lost in a good chick flick. A few good ones in random order...
Titanic, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry met Sally, Sweet Home Alabama, Notting Hill, Gone with the Wind, Pretty Woman, and the list could go on forever.
Do Something Extra
I'm all about being simple here people. Valentine's day is all about showing your love or that you care for someone. For me, it's not about fancy gifts but in the little things. I'm not saying I don't enjoy a beautiful bouquet because I sure do, but here are some simple ways to show your appreciation...
- Place some candy and a small card on the car windshield
- fill up the gas tank
- get up early and make breakfast
- If you're married like me and if you do something that annoys your spouse, make an extra effort not to do it. Ok honey, I'll put my dishes in the sink and not leave them on the coffee table :)
- Send them an e-card at work
- give up the remote for a night or two