Sunday, January 23, 2011

Homemade Pillow

I have been working on report cards for hours (ahhh) and need a break. So, I wanted to share with you my latest creation.

If you have been reading the blog recently, you know that I am redoing our bedroom. I have already given you a sneak peek and shared with you our new bedding. I am almost ready to show you the whole room.

I bought a new decorative pillow for our bed and have been looking for another one. I really didn't want to spend a lot of money, and actually I haven't been able to find one I like. So I thought, why not make one? So, last night I did.

I had some extra gray fabric on hand and it was perfect for the mini-pillow (it's 8 in. by 8 in.) I wanted to make. It took me about 2 hours. After I made the pillow, I used this tutorial as a guide to add some colorful flowers. I say guide because mine are more overlapped and not so circular.


I plan on making a tutorial for this pillow at some point. It is so easy. I had an awful migraine while making it and was in no mood to stop every step and take pictures.

If you look closely you can see the new bedding and other pillow I purchased for $8.00 on sale. I was over-the-moon excited when I scored that deal.

I am very pleased with my custom made pillow and love the feel it adds to the bed.

3 comments:

  1. THAT is so cute! i want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY cute Mollie! I'm excited for a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!! My favorite project of yours yet!! Tutorial, I'm waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete