So, I thought I would share one of my favorites. Turkey burgers with sweet potato fries. It's quick, healthy, and gooooood.
I use the Rachel Ray recipe:
Caribbean Turkey Burgers
A couple tips:
- It calls for a mango salsa. I've made it before but it is not necessary. If you want to make it fine, if not, fine too. I don't make it.
- I always buy a pound of turkey meat and the recipe calls for 2, I just cut everything in half.
- I never buy fresh basil and throw in dried cilantro instead or skip it all together.
- I always add a bit more brown sugar because we like them a bit sweeter.
- Toss them on the George Foreman (or a real grill if you're so lucky) for about 6-7 minutes and they're done.
- I add ketchup and mayo.
I usually use 2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes. Before I cut them, I warm them up individually in the microwave for 1 minute. They are too hard to cut otherwise. I learned the hard way and cut my finger pretty badly. Toss some olive oil over them and bake in the oven at 400 degrees. I don't have an exact time but around 15 minutes...stirring a few times in between. I usually make the fries first and then make the burgers. By the time the burgers are made and cooked, the fries are done. I like them a little crispy.
It is one of our quick but tasty recipes. JD's favorite. He would eat them every week if he could.