Sunday, February 12, 2012

some blog changes

First up, the name. I'm referring to the name of the blog as douglas duo. But after much thought I'm going to keep the same url address: highstyleonasmallbudget.blogspot.com. Reason for doing this? I have linked up a lot of my posts, commented on other blogs, networked etc. all under this name. If I change the name, a lot of these links would be dead. Perhaps I'll change it someday. If I do, I'll keep you posted.

Secondly, I will not be posting my blog links on facebook through my personal page. However, I know a lot of you come to the blog through facebook. Not to worry. I've made a douglas duo blog page on facebook. If you like the page [here] you will still be notified when I post. I will be posting the blog links onto this page. Reason for doing this? Two reasons actually...

1. I don't invest a lot of time in growing this blog. I'm not trying to get famous or earn money. I'm simply documenting our memories and sharing projects, recipes, and inspiration for those who are interested. But don't get me wrong, I do appreciate and get excited to see who's following the blog or leaving me comments. As a reader of too many blogs myself, I try to leave a comment for posts I really like or am inspired by. It only takes 10 seconds and I know it's appreciated. So if you access the blog through facebook be sure to like the new page [here] so you don't miss any posts!

2. And for those who are not interested and could care less about the blog, you're in luck. I won't be  junking your news feed with my latest recipe or project.

In Summary...
  • this will be the last post I publish on my personal facebook page
  • if you access the blog through facebook, like the new blog page [here] to get all the post notifications
  • you can also follow the blog and get notifications through a blog reader or get the posts e-mailed directly to you (just insert your e-mail in the box to the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment