Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Cookie Tradition

Do you remember last year when I vowed to start a Christmas cookie tradition? [Read all about our Christmas traditions here].  My goal is to try making a new Christmas cookie each year.

I'm thrilled I squeezed in some cookie-making time because the 3 weeks leading up to Christmas were very busy. Now, these were very simple, but I needed simple among the craziness. So this year I made Rolo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies.

oh, and please don't mind the minor date mistake. Guess I was so excited for the upcoming year, it should say 2012.



These were great, just follow your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and wrap the dough around a rolo. After you roll the dough around the rolo, place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 15 minutes before baking. It prevents the caramel from oozing out.

I also like to incorporate the wrapping paper we used that year. This year I used the wrapping paper on the name tag and last year the wrapping paper was the back drop.


No comments:

Post a Comment