Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just some thoughts...

I wish I had a fun project to share or a new recipe or some story about how I saved a few dollars but in reality I don't. It's been a busy and somewhat overwhelming past couple of weeks. Between migraines, papers to write, papers to grade and a few other stressors, I've had NO time for anything.

Thanks, Mollie what a great uplifting couple of sentences to read on Saturday morning!? I know, but stick with me. I read blogs likes it's my job and have been inspired by this, this, and this. Even though my blog is related to all things savings, inexpensive DIYs, etc, I've realized it's okay to let my blogging friends see me in real situations dealing with real life. Life isn't always filled with rainbows and puppies. It's okay to have rough moments, shed a few tears (even though I don't have tears), and rely on others for support.

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, and I've been inspired to find the joy amidst these busy times. It's a simple thought but I am so grateful for my husband. His overwhelming support and kindness calm me at the end of the day. He's been cooking dinner, doing the dishes, he made me chocolate cookies, and even went to the grocery store last weekend while I stayed home to work.

When Friday came, our little condo looked like a disaster, like a tornado came through and I wish I had a picture to show you the unruly mess. On Friday morning as I was leaving for school, I asked JD to tidy up a bit. When I came home the house was spotless and I had to laugh when he said...

"You had every pair of boots you own under or around this coffee table, I found clothes everywhere, papers and books scattered, the bathroom was a mess, socks on the floor..." 

He made the bed, folded all my clothes, and put all my paperwork in a neat pile.
In the scheme of life, I have it great. I have a home, a loving family, a great job, amazing friends, and in stressful times, I appreciate what I often take for granted.

Thanks hubby for all that you do!

Happy Weekend!!

ps. have you heard that JD has a blog? Be sure to check it out here.

2 comments: