Monday, July 18, 2011

State Art

Before I get into the heart of the matter {my new artwork}, I wanted to quickly say all my summer classes are complete, and I'm one final project away from truly being done. The end is in sight! So get ready for more blogging, projects, and recipes.

Anyway, back to the purpose of this post....artwork. Out here in blogland I've seen many rooms incorporate maps in some form or another as artwork. I liked it. a lot. With a lot more walls to cover in our new place, I was on the hunt for something map related for the walls.

I looked for a long time and when I stumbled upon these state designs, I loved them.

I found them {here} from an etsy shop.

We grew up in Pennsylvania and have many fond memories of our first twenty-three years of life in this great state. Childhood, family, high-school, college, getting married...

Maryland is where we live now and where we began our married life together. It's our new home away from home and represents a lot of 'firsts' for us.

Today, I finally bought some frames and hung them up.
Quick side note: the frames were 40% off and with my additional 25% coupon, rang in at $6.74 a piece.

Sorry, the lighting is not the greatest. It was hard to photograph with the glare from the glass.



I had to use the flash to get rid of the glare and they photographed much darker than they really are. The top pictures are more true to color.

Anyone else use maps or something similar for artwork?

1 comment:

  1. Moll...These pictures are truly unique. I can't figure out what wall their on? They tell a story within a story. GREAT idea Moll.

    ReplyDelete