Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mums: The fall flower

There's nothing better than the natural elegance and beauty that come from fresh flowers. During the fall season mums can bring these qualities to any home.

For $0 I was able to bring color and seasonal decor to my kitchen table by taking advantage of this seasonal specialty. My parents' garden provided this bouquet of purple mums. One great perk about mums is they last for a long time with little up keep. I've had these on our table for 3 weeks and they still look vibrant and crisp. I was overjoyed to spend no money AND bring fresh flowers inside.






Take a look around your yard for decoration inspiration. Fall leaves, pine cones, acorns, etc. The possibilities are endless!
(stay tuned for my holiday decorating idea centered around sticks)

No comments:

Post a Comment