Saturday, April 24, 2010

Helen's Baby Luncheon

If you read my previous post about my busy, yet exciting year, then you know I have a lot of showers and parties on my calendar. I already hosted my friend Dawn's bridal shower in Pennsylvania (check out all those details here).

This weekend my friend Pam and I put together a mini-shower/luncheon for mom-to-be Helen to celebrate the upcoming birth of baby Matthew.

We had a great afternoon of amazing food, fellowship, and laughter.

The Decorations-simple and personal.

A colorful welcome sign
Here is a close up of the adorable mini clothes pins that worked perfectly for attaching the letters to the ribbon.
The Table
...and a few balloons (and Helen enjoying her virgin mango mojito)
Doesn't she look amazing for being 35 weeks pregnant?
We opened presents and "awwwed" at the cute baby clothes. The clothes alone make me excited for a little one someday. No folks...not anytime soon.


The Fabulous Food
Thanks to Pam (and Misha for putting together the delicious menu)
Fresh salad with strawberries, walnuts, and goat cheese (this picture was taken before it was all mixed together) This salad is perfect for spring or summer and was so yummy and easy to make.
Dessert
The cake was very rich, almost fudge-like and was topped with homemade whipped cream. Again, so good!
Drink of the afternoon- Mango Mojito (virgin for the mom-to-be)

We had a great time talking about pregnancy, labor, our husbands, the Lord, and what little Matthew will look like. Only time will tell, but we are thrilled to meet him.

So there you have it-an afternoon "showering" baby and mom.

Stayed tuned for the mango mojito recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment