Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Quick Thought

On saving money.

I just walked in from my grad class a few minutes ago and got in the blogging mood. Tonight at class we discussed our personal ties to reading, and I was quick to mention my thrill for blogs. I got a little bummed about my lack of posts and was inspired to share a quick thought.
Let's rewind to about 4 ago hours ago when I was debating on whether or not to stop at Starbucks for a hot beverage on this FREEZING day. I'm getting tired of this cold, snowless weather so either snow or bring on the spring. But anyway, when saving money some people tend to think of transferring a sum of money each month into their saving account.

However, JD and I realized that saving can also occur on a day-to-day basis. We manage this by eliminating the little things that over time add up to big savings. Like skipping Starbucks and making my own tea. Or like on Sunday when we planned on grabbing subs from subway but realized we had plenty of sandwich stuff at home.

Don't get me wrong, I still occasionally buy Starbucks and we always treat ourselves on our Friday night dates, but we feel it's ok because we eat at home throughout the week.

Summary of my quick thought: A lot of little purchases can add up quickly. Look at your everyday spending to see where you can save a buck a or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment