Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day & More

If you could hear through the internet you'd hear a big sigh of relief coming from yours truly. I finished my class and last assignment on Thursday. 1 down, 11 to go. Wowza, long way to go but I hear it goes quickly.

It's been a very productive and re-energizng weekend over here.  We attended a night of worship in DC on Friday, played tennis, ate at the Melting Pot for the first time and got a lot of other minute things accomplished.

In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to thank my mom for everything she has done and continues to do for me. If you know my mom, you know she has such a loving heart for others.  Her willingness to give and to help others in unlike anyone I know. She always inspires me because so many of us value money and earthy things, but she sees it as a way to care for others.


























On a totally different note. I wanted to share two great recipes we made over the past couple weeks.

Up first:
Creamy ravioli with squash, lemon, and chives 
From: Real Simple, found here

Next up:
Pesto orecchiette with chicken sausage
From: Real Simple, found here

Sorry, no photo for this one. I forgot.

Real simple was featuring pasta, and I've been looking for new pasta recipes.  The second one was good, but I liked the first one better.

What did you all do this weekend?

Now that my life will be a little less hectic, I'm hoping to blog more. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment