Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in Rewind

I'm back as promised and have a lot to share. Get ready for an action packed post.

We actually started our Thanksgivings festivities two weekends ago while volunteering at Turkey Outreach with our church. We are so thankful to be a part of McLean Bible Church as we grow, connect, share and serve with our church community. Turkey Outreach has been a service project for many years and aims to feed and share the gospel with nearly 68,000 needy families throughout the DC area. Each family receives a box filled with a bible, and complete turkey dinner. It was amazing to see how much work goes into preparing 7,000 food boxes.

We put together boxes, helped unload trash, packed potatoes, and left with a joyful heart that only serving others and the Lord can provide.On Thanksgiving we had lunch with my extended family and went back to my uncle's house and then enjoyed dessert with JD's family. A perfect day with family.My uncle has a sweet video game arcade and I always look forward to Ms. Pacman. My brothers have an annual ping pong match and Adrian claimed victory this year.

We spent the rest of the weekend visiting JD's grandma, enjoying a delicious dinner at Belvedere with JD's dad, playing with little Tommy, and soaking in lots of quality time.
I came home with Tommy, Katie and the kiddos to finish off the weekend in Virginia. Now I couldn't catch JD busting any dance moves on the way to PA (it was too dark and I was dealing with a migraine) but I do have a close second.

So I will leave you with this...

Gold Digger from Mollie Douglas on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Mollie! Just caught up on your car videos - thanks for the laugh and entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete