Thursday, September 29, 2011

YUM...fall food

My pumpkins are out, the weather is beginning to cool, and school has been in session for over a month. Fall has arrived. I've also read about everyone indulging in pumpkin spice lattes on facebook. Guess their quite the hit!? Even while working at Starbucks for a few months, I never tried one. Now that I have completely eliminated coffee and espresso in attempt to tame these wild migraines, I'll take your word. They must be goooood.

On to other things, I've got 2 recipes to share.

I'm all about simple meals during the week. My goal is a 20 minute or less prep time. My tired teaching legs can't take much more. Earlier this week I made Creamy Corn Chowder [recipe here]. It was quick to make and oh so divine. It's healthy too.


My second recipe is a dessert. I'm not one for pies but JD loves pie. Bake a pie was on my summer to do list and never happened. So when this recipe showed up in my blog reader, I was eager to give it a try.

Peach Crumble Pie [recipe here]

This did NOT take 20 minutes or less and more like an hour in prep time. It was peeling all those peaches. I even bought a pre-made graham cracker crust.

Sorry the lighting is bad. Not to be prideful but this was delicious. I totally recommend this recipe. My first pie was a success!

If I get around to it, I'll show you my fall decor. In the meantime, check out last years.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Speaking of fall food, I just wanted to let you know that I've just finished a series of "The Twelve Days of Pumpkin" and starting today am hosting a pumpkin recipe link up... Many of those recipes will be included in a cook book that gives you your own page (where you're able to include your URL!). If you are interested, you can link up here!

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks so good! Not sure if I want the weather to go with it quite yet though!

    ReplyDelete