Saturday, March 31, 2012

birthday recap

I had a great birthday, fabulous actually. My parents came down to Virginia and we all got together at Tommy and Katie's house. Yea, we celebrated another year that's gone by, but really I was most excited to spend the day all together. My family means the world to me, and I'm glad we live semi-close to see each other often. Katie prepared a delicious lunch and we spent the rainy afternoon doing what we do best: eating, catching up, playing with the kiddos, talking business, and previewing Tommy's new business website (when it's launched, I'll fill you in)!


This birthday was also special because I got my first power tool. Thanks, dad! It's out in our storage unit, but I'm now a proud owner of a laser miter saw. I will finally be able to cut my own wood for my DIY projects.

On my actual birthday my students sang to me and were begging to know my age. I told them earlier in the year I was in my 20's but they were determined to know the actual age. I gave each table one guess and told them if someone guessed it, I'd tell them. Two tables guessed 27, another 26, and another 28 so now they know. I had to laugh when one kid yelled out, "Hey, that's how old my mom is!"

I celebrated with the Douglas' from afar. They flooded the mailbox with cards and birthday money :)

A cropped version of this picture is in the collage above, but it's too cute not to show you the full size. These kids adore their uncle JD.

Hoping I keep this blog up and running, it will be nice to look back and see what life was like when I was 27. I had dark hair, I was in my 2nd year of grad school, 4th year of teaching, 4th year of living in Maryland, childless, renting, attending McLean Bible Church, & loving the Lord and my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Always fun to see pics of your family! Your niece and nephew are adorable! Glad you had a fun day with your family!!

    ReplyDelete