Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer Lovin'-Part 1


Is it already the end of July?? Do I really go back to school in less than a month? Summer has been flying by and it's going by too fast. SLOW DOWN PLEASE.

We've been cramming in a lot into these heat intensive days. Here's a few things that we've checked off our summer list...(and others we added, just so they could be checked off). I love making lists and crossing things off. Who doesn't?
  • See a movie in an IMAX theatre. We saw Inception. Awesome movie.
  • Make a visit to Jimmie Cone, a local hot spot in Damascus Maryland. A friend asked me if I had ever been to Jimmie Cone and I said, "No never heard of it." She continued to sing its praises so we couldn't wait to try it out. I love special places, only the locals know about.
  • Babysit out cute, adorable, little nephew, "Little T" so hes parents could enjoy a night out.
  • Spend more time outdoors. We've been playing tennis and running at our favorite lake.

  • Venture into DC. We spent 4th of July on the National Mall. Recently, we were so surprised when one of our favorite friends from high school, Elizabeth, was in town. We met her in the city and went out for dinner. It was so nice to see her and listen to her laugh. To top the night off, I got pooped on by a bird (not fun for me but quite the laughing matter for the other two).


(Right after JD cleaned the poop out of my hair). Anyone else ever get pooped on before? Oh yeah me, 3 years ago at the beach. What is it with me and bird poop?

I've also been working on a very meticulous art project that has taken me HOURS to complete. I'll be back with those details soon.

Until then. Stay cool and clear of any birds.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Great times! I don't think I've laughed so hard in a very long time!

    ReplyDelete