Monday, July 19, 2010

Becca's Bridal Shower

Hello Friends.

I'm back with my 100th bridal shower posting of the year. Well it seems that way but in actuality it's only the 4th (If you haven't already, read about Dawn's, Vicki's, and Adrian and Michelle's shower too. )

This time around our special guest of honor: Becca, my sister-in-law, who was born in Iowa, had a ferret named Sydney, and first kissed her husband-to-be at a restaurant in Lancaster. After a round of Who knows the Bride the Best we all knew a few more random facts about Becca.

The food, decorations, laughs, presents, raspberry martinis, DELICIOUS chocolate-peanut butter cake, and the flea infested cat all made for an amazing shower that honored a great bride-to-be. (well minus the cat, long story)


I was in charge of bringing the favors so off I went to stroll the iles of Michael's. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, but I knew I didn't want to make the same candy tins I made for my brother's shower. I like to keep things interesting.
I saw this pretzel making kit and immediately had a vision. I knew they could become customized, tasty, and cute favors. So I picked up 2 kits, bought some pretzels and headed home.

They are so simple to make, a bit time consuming, but worth every minute.

I melted the vanilla and chocolate, chocolate in separate bowls. Some pretzels I used all vanilla or all chocolate and on others I used both.

Let them harden in the refrigerator for about 2 hours and then place them in a plastic bag to stay fresh.

I printed labels, cut them out, glued them on, and added some ribbon for the final touch.

There you have it, pretzel favors for the guests to enjoy. I always suggest the favors be edible, you can never go wrong with a tasty treat.

Another successful shower, for a happy couple.
4 showers down....3 weddings to go. It's going to be a busy, fun-filled September.

No comments:

Post a Comment