Friday, July 30, 2010

I Love U

I'm not really sure if this is considered artwork, a picture, something to display, or just a craft I painted, and spent A LOT of time on. I'm not really sure why I made it or what to do with it now.

While I was cutting out numbers for school, I was gathering a lot of scrap pieces of paper in a pile and my thought process kind of went like this...

"...Huh, I kind of like those colors all put together. they look very bright and summery. i wonder if i could turn those scrapes into something fun? what if i cut them up really small and make a mosaic something. i guess that could look neat. but what could i glue them on? oh yea, i have that extra piece of wood leftover from my wall art project, i could use that. maybe i could use the scraps and write out a word. or cover the entire piece. not sure."

So needless to say, I still wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do so I started chopping up the scrapes into tiny little pieces.

Then I thought, "these bright colors would really stand out against a white piece of wood, I should paint it white. so I did."

After many more thoughts, cutting, and a lot of modge podging, I ended up with this.
It really kept me busy when I was stuck in the house all day waiting for the dryer repair man to come. He even commented and said," Wow, I would never have the patience for that." I forgot to mention that each little piece was individually put on. My original plan of throwing a handful of them down on some glue didn't work out like I had planned. It also kept me busy during our 10 hour power outage.

Although, the perfect summer colors, bright pink, purple, blue, and neon yellow don't quite jive with our little home's color scheme. So at this point not sure what to do with my creation. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment