Friday, August 13, 2010

School Supplies & Savings

Reality has hit. I'm facing the music. School beings in 1 week. I officially go back to school Aug. 23rd (our anniversary) but the students do not arrive until the 30th. JD says school doesn't start until the students arrive, but I beg to differ. I'm on the clock Monday, August 23rd, at 8:15 so technically that's when school begins for ME.

Remember when you were younger the week before school began and you got all excited to buy your school supplies, book bag, and some new sneaks? Even in high school you kinda got excited for the 1st day of school. Well I kind of (sort of) get that feeling when I shop for new school supplies. So here's what I rounded up this year.
No that is not wrapping paper but fadeless bulletin board paper. I'm out in a portable and my paper fades quickly so I thought I would give this stuff a try.

I must say a HUGE thank you to my homeroom from last year for presenting me with a sweet $100.00 Target gift card at the end of the year. That really helped me buy most of my supplies, along with a skirt, shirt, and a necklace. Gotta have a little fun right?

I also took advantage of all possible promotions, sales, and discounts when purchasing my supplies.
To my fellow teachers out there-every Friday Michael's is offering 10% off everything, including sale items, if you present your school ID. But even better this Sunday, Aug. 15th from 4-8pm only they are offering 25% your entire purchase. That's for everybody not just teachers. So stock up.
My last deal happened at the teacher store. Some things you can only find at teacher stores. I try to buy at little as possible at these stores because they are expensive. While I was checking out, I asked the man if he had any coupons. He said no, but he would give me 10% off since I was a teacher in Montgomery County and not charge me tax. I said sweeeeet!

So I saved another few dollars just by asking. JD and I have been doing that a lot lately. Check back for a post soon describing our hits and misses while 'Negotiating Douglas Style'. Ha-Corny, I know, but worth it.

I've had a couple of requests to see my classroom. I just moved from one portable to another and am waiting for the floor to be fixed. I spent 3 hours cleaning it this week. I will really try to post pictures of my finished classroom when it is all set-up awaiting my new kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment