Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wedding Flashback: The Ceremony

For the latter part of our relationship, JD and I attended Grace Church. I grew up in this church. It was here where I played baby Jesus in the Christmas play, wore pink bows and flowered dresses to Sunday school, met some of my best friends, and years later walked down the isle to meet my prince charming.

We saved a lot money by keeping it simple with our ceremony decor and setting it up ourselves. I gathered all my wonderful bridesmaids, mom, and decorating diva, Sandy and headed to the church Friday morning to set-up. Everything we used the church owned. We did pick up some extra tulle and brought along some extra Christmas lights, but other than that it was F-R-E-E.

On the wedding day, we added some flowers and tea lights.
I figured our quests would only be in the church for 30-45 minutes so no need to spend major mullah. We saved the majority of our budget for the reception.
Tip: Some decorations can be moved from the ceremony to the reception to serve 2 purposes for 1 cost.


I cried the whole way down the isle. Didn't really think I would, but couldn't contain all my emotions. We said our vows, officially became husband and wife and were so thrilled to have our closest friends and family there with us.

1 comment: