Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wedding Flashback: The Candy Bar

JD and I still talk about the candy bar we had at our reception. It was quite the hit and sadly, somehow we never got a bag ourselves. We wanted our favors to be enjoyable and not wasted or thrown into a junk jar when our guests returned home. Tip: Guests always love an edible favor.

JD and I both LOVE skittles, it's probably our favorite candy and we wanted to tie that into our wedding day. So the idea of a candy bar was born. I also read about it in a bridal magazine so I can't take full credit for the idea.

So we gathered a bunch of different types of candy: skittles, mike & ike's, m&m's, Reese's pieces, gum balls, along with a few types of Godiva chocolate my dad purchased at a discounted price the day before. Each guest was able to fill up a bag for the road. I wish I had overall picture, but you'll get the idea.
It was a relatively low cost. I don't remember off hand the grand total, but I know it was reasonable.
What we purchased:
  • Clear candy bags
  • Personalized stickers with our names and wedding date
  • Candy
  • A few glass containers (my mom already had a lot)
We are going to a wedding in September and they're having a candy bar. I can't wait and I'm stocking up this time!!

1 comment:

  1. My mom and I still talk about your candy bar! It was fabulous! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete