Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Randomness

Hi friends. Just four random things to share. I'm excited for October and this weekend was a great reminder of why. The cool fall weather was perfect and I'm so ready for sweaters and hoodies.

1. I want to say a huge, bigger-than-Jay Z's-bank-account THANK YOU to my mom. Unfortunately, on Saturday, I was stuck inside with another dreadful migraine. We were suppose to go out for lunch and enjoy the day together. Since I could barely sit-up, we had to order in. She ended up staying all day. She bought us lunch, helped do 3 loads of laundry, cleaned, and then ordered us Chinese food for dinner. It was so great to have her here. Thank you mom!
2. At 3:34 am Sunday morning we heard a loud "pop" and immediately smelled something burning. I jumped out of bed and quickly realized the motor on our fan blew up. It is a small floor fan we turn on at night for noise. It kills JD to sleep in silence, so our trusty black fan runs every night. He's had the fan since 2004 so it lasted a good 6 years. So today went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a replacement. We used a 20% coupon and saved $8.00.

3. While searching for the fan, I walked by a huge clearance section and quickly browsed the isles and found the perfect little pillow. While shopping for fall decor, I was hoping to find a pillow for our sofa but had no such luck. Then bingo, today I found the perfect one. Check out the price.
I think it goes nicely with the fall colors in the room and adds a pop of color to the sofa.
4. I made these veggie pitas this week and they were very good, healthy, and refreshing. They seemed like more of a summer meal, but I paired them with a steaming bowl of tomato soup and it was the perfect combo for a rainy day.
Check out the recipe here from the Nest. I added red peppers and instead of using the pepper jack cheese, I used swiss because it's what I had on hand. So yummy!

That's all for now. Back to the 5th graders tomorrow. Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment