Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas is in the air

It's almost Christmas!! I can't believe it's almost here because I feel like Thanksgiving was just yesterday?! I am happy to say all our shopping is done and all the presents are wrapped.

I'm feeling very Christmasy and here is why...

1. We baked some Christmas cookies and the sweet aroma filled our little condo with joy.

2. The presents are all wrapped, and I love to watch people's reaction when they open my gifts.
3. Christmas youtube videos keep popping up in my inbox. Like this one below. I love that they use the song Amazing Grace; not your typical Christmas song but perfect for this.


4. We went into DC last night and saw the city all decked out for Christmas. We had dinner with two good friends and went to the wizards/heat game. We saw LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. LeBron is arrogant, but I must admit very entertaining to watch.
5. Most importantly we rocked out at the Frontline Christmas service tonight. It was nice to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of our Savior. Words can't express how blessed I feel to know Christ and to understand the importance of his birth, death, and the gift of salvation he offers. We also enjoyed the hot cocoa in the lobby afterwards.

On another note, I have been busying DIYing some Christmas gifts. I have some great ideas and pictures to share. Unfortunately, I won't be able to share them until after after Christmas because I don't want to spoil anything for those family members who read the blog. :)

What have you been doing to soak in the joy of Christmas? Any fun festivities? Family traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment