Monday, December 6, 2010

O Christmas Tree


Our colorful, shimmering Christmas tree is the only project that ended successfully this weekend. If you remember from last Christmas, JD loves a tree with colorful lights covered in his favorite childhood ornaments. I would prefer for a tree decked out in white lights with coordinating ornaments but am happy to honor his one Christmas wish.

I endured a DIY disaster, actually two, this weekend and have two unfinished projects laying on the living room floor. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. Between extreme frustration, attempting to spray paint in the frigid wind, and breaking two wine bottles, I put my projects on hold. I was trying to finish them so I could share them with you all but sometimes rushing can end in a catastrophe.

I am almost done with my Christmas display on the window sill. It's definitely an upgrade from last year. The display from last year:Hopefully I'll be back soon with a happy ending to my project debacle and some fun holiday decor to share.

1 comment:

  1. My poor friend. Your DIY disasters will soon be over I hope. Nothing like the wingback chair though!

    ReplyDelete